Your description paints a hilarious yet relatable picture of the irresistible allure of this Christmas treat! The fact that you have to resort to making it in the dead of night and then strategically hiding it from your family just to ensure you get a portion is both amusing and a testament to its delectable nature.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
How To Make German Potato Pancakes
- Beat eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl; stir in potatoes and onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of potato mixture into hot oil in batches. Press to flatten. Cook until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.